What's On & News
Dancing, cooking, gardening, yoga…there's always lots going on at AMC gardens.
“Loved it! It’s a good way of getting all kinds of people in the community together.”
“Great atmosphere. Very fun. Nice to meet new people.”
“Boosted my confidence to try new things”
- Volunteering on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 10-12 & 1-3pm. We have many different opportunities for volunteers including working in the gardens, helping at events, helping with our playscheme and/or being a committee member. If you are interested please ring us or call in to the gardens for a chat.
- Tandoor Oven available Monday to Thursday 10am-3pm. The Tandoor Oven is open for own bread making, call in or phone us for available slots. Only £2 per hour for fuel.
- Yoga on Mondays, 5.30-6.45pm. Just turn up at the gardens for yoga with Alice.
- Cycling on Thursdays 9.30am-12.30pm. Community Cycle Rides. We've got bikes you can borrow, experienced ride leaders and some lovely routes around the meadows to enjoy. Rides suitable for all levels. For more details give us a call on 0115 986 7777 or pop in to the gardens.
- AMC Kids Club on Thursdays - 3.15pm-5pm, for children ages 5-13 years.
- Outdoor games, cooking and crafts with play-workers. Register on arrival.
Come and find out how we created a successful inner-city community garden. Included in the visit is a presentation about the history of our organic no-dig Gardens; a tour; a chance to meet staff and volunteers involved in setting up and running the Gardens and refreshments. You can ask us about managment, volunteer support and involving the local community. An extended tour is available for any group wanting a gardening activity, for example willow fedging or seed sowing. Lunches are available if you book a week or more in advance.
- 10am – 12 noon visit = £10pp (minimum total £80)
- 10am – 3.30pm extended visit = £25pp excluding lunch (minimum total £200)
- Lunch = £ available upon request - homemade and sourced from the Gardens wherever possible.
Growing Power project at Arkwright Meadows Community Garden This mixture of gardening, cooking, support and life coaching was loved by the group who attended last autumn! Growing Power is a series of 10 sessions enabling people to get outside in our beautiful garden. The aim is to help people develop good habits to stay well. Participants have loved it and found it a great help. It is ideal for people who are trying to improve their well-being and in helping to counter stress and depression. ‘I’ve loved it. Now I’ve got three clear goals. My next ‘baby step’ is to book the fitness sessions at the gym a week ahead. I want to carry on coming to volunteer at the Gardens’ When can you attend a Growing Power Session? Choose between: Saturdays 1 – 3.30pm starting 11th February Wednesdays 1-3.30pm starting 15th February Thursdays 10-12.30pm starting 16th February Katy Wright I work Wednesdays and Thursdays 0115 986 7777 firstname.lastname@example.org Supported by the Bupa Foundation UK